North Dakota Farms - Ranches - Land Real Estate For Sale
North Dakota's #1 Industry is
Agriculture. Nearly 24% of North Dakota's population is employed directly by agriculture
production or ag-related business. We have 30,000 family farms and ranches and over 39
million acres - nearly 90% of North Dakota - is in farms and ranches, with the average
size of a farm being 1,300 acres.
1. The town of Rugby is the geographical center of North America. A tall stone obelisk marks the location.
2. North Dakota was the first state to complete its Interstate highway system.
3. The parking meter was invented by North Dakota.
4. Dakota Gasification Company in Beulah is the nation's only synthetic natural gas producer.
5. North Dakota has 60 wildlife refuges, more than any other state, and all are managed for waterfowl production.
6. North Dakota has more miles of road per capita than any other state - approximately 166 miles of road for every 1,000 people.
7. If North Dakota seceded from the Union, it would be the world's third strongest nuclear power.
8. North Dakota has the highest number of millionaires per capita than any other state, and not a yuppie to be found anywhere.
9. Did you know that North Dakota leads the nation in the production of just about everything? The state is first in spring wheat, durum wheat, sunflowers, barley, a dry edible beans, pinto beans, canola, flaxseed, all dry edible peas, honey, lentils and oats.
10. Did you know that the highest temperature ever recorded in North Dakota was 121 degrees in Steele, ND in July of 1936?
11. Or that the lowest temperature was -60 degrees at Parshall, ND during the last ice age (kidding, but not about the temperature) in February 1936?
12. The fastest growing city in the state is West Fargo, which has soared from 14,910 residents in 2000 to more than 21,000 in 2007.
13. What is the sturnella neglecta? It's the scientific name of the state's bird. Can you name it? It's the Western Meadowlark, a songbird often found on fence posts chirping away.
14. Fore! Did you know that North Dakota has more golf courses per capita than any other state?
15. North Dakota Ranks #1 in the safest state to live in. (Morgan Quitno 03/05)
16. North Dakota is 1 of only 8 states with a growing economy. (Economy.com)
17. North Dakota Ranks 6th highest in state economic competitiveness. (Beacon Hill Institute, 12/05)
18. North Dakota had the second highest per capita income growth from 2000-2005. (Bureau of Economic Analysis, 2005)
19. North Dakota has more coastline than California due to Lake Sakakawea! (50states.com)
20. Fargo-Moorehead ranked as one of America's top Business Opportunity Metros' for 2005. (Expansion Management)
21. North Dakota Ranks #1 for rate of high school completion (01/06 Corporation for Enterprise Development)
22. Is one of only two states to increase manufacturing jobs from 2000-2004. (U.S. Dept. of Labor)